Thursday, May 10, 2012

Coffee-Mate Fat Free "Creamer".. WHAT???

This morning as I was waiting for my coffee to brew, I took a second to read the back of the Coffee-Mate Fat Free Coffee Creamer bottle.  "THIS PRODUCT IS NON-DAIRY." Wait, what??? Am I the only person on earth that wasn't aware that there is no cream in Cofee-Mate Creamer?  I read further, thinking that there had to be some sort of milk product in the ingredient list somewhere, right?  Wrong!  Corn syrup, modified corn starch, oil and a handful of other ingredients that I can't pronounce are lightening my morning Joe but no milk or cream-- not even a trace! 

Thankfully, I had a reserve and the news is a little better:  Land O Lakes Fat Free Half & Half. I did find the skim milk and cream that I was looking for however, it too contained corn syrup and 0.05% of some other ingredients that I can't pronounce.

Coffee-Mate: You can keep your chemical concoction. I'll be buying real cream from now on. 


2 comments:

  1. Watch the Sugar-Free stuff too. In 1982 my then boyfriend worked at NIH testing lab rats with artificial sweetners. ALL OF THE RATS IN THE TEST GROUP DEVELOPED FORMS OF CANCER! The FDA approved the continuation of artifical sweetners because the products were under the "maximum acceptable" level for carcenogins. Nutra-sweet was introduced to the public later that year with a mailed-to-resid
    ential-areas gumball on a postcard. Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is scary! I think about that every time I use Splenda. They market that as real sugar too but it's not!

      Delete